Re: HELP: Thin Clients freeze after 30 minutes.

Am Dienstag, 20. April 2004 21:32 schrieb Klaus Ade Johnstad:
> It could very likely be a autonegotiate function which falls back to
> 10 Mbit somewhere

yes. this sounds sound to me - just phoned Patrick and he had the same
suspection. another possibility was a thermic problem (or whatever) of
the onboard NIC. We discussed this agenda:

1. Swap NICs:
- ifdown
- swap eth0 and eth1 in /etc/network/interfaces
- exchange CAT cables
- ifup

2. Monitor traffic using nload
3. Try to set a fixed 100Mbit full duplex mode on the NIC that serves
the thin clients (mii-diag or eththool)
4. Try to do the same on the switch.

Any comments welcome

Regards