Re: Cleaning up the help-text in WLUS 1.2-16

tirsdag 13. april 2004, 12:58, skrev du :
> > http://developer.skolelinux.no/~knuty/testing/wlus/wlus_result_user
> >_help.png
>
> the enable/disable login buttons are actually both for normal
> logins and have nothing to do with windows integration.

I read on the IRC that the samba-integration was almost ready. The text
should reflect that. If its not ready, or dont have anything to do with
the help-text :-)

> Once a login is disabled it might be necessary to enable it
> again. if only activated logins are there, the "enable logins"
> button is disabled, since it is useless. if only disabled logins
> are in the search list, no further logins can be disabled and so
> the "disable login" button is disabled.
>
> > The third is the group-opeartions
> >
> > http://developer.skolelinux.no/~knuty/testing/wlus/wlus_result_grou
> >ps_help.png
>
> here the idea is that whole classes can not log in anymore or
> whole groups can be enabled at once. This is for classes or when
> exams start or so, i guess.

This was a nice feature. It didn't work thou. The buttons give you a
search of all the users.

> I understand that that is what people (in germany) want. do you
> think this should be removed?

My suggestion was to remove functionality in that menu because it didn't
work. It did something totaly different. It gave a list of all the
users. When it is explained, it is a good function. I dont know why it
dosn't work?

Anyway. Mye sugestions of help-text is a result of what I see when
testing the application. It does not always reflects what I realy get,
and its somwhat a lousy first try (as first tries often are).  The
short help-texts should explain what I should expect in short terms.
Sugestions of better short form help-texts are appreciated  :-)

- Knut