Re: New Skolelinux CD image prerelease 47 (pr47)

On 8. apr. 2004, at 10.39, Klaus Ade Johnstad wrote:
søndag 4. april 2004, 17:32, skrev Petter Reinholdtsen:
  * We probably forgot to list something.

Didn't we forgett to mention that there now only will be nfs-export to
hosts that are added to netgroups?

Obviously. I was not aware of it.

So that if you have a machine installed with pr47 without any changes
made to the netgroup, there will be no export of the useres
home-directory to that machine,  and no user will be able to login?

Not even "tjener" is able to mount, as the users upgrading don't have
the new netgroups, and /etc/exports contains
"/skole/tjener/home0 @ltsp-server-hosts(rw) @workstation-hosts(rw)\
@server-hosts(rw)".

I've heard reports from otherwise experienced Skolelinux installers that
this new great security feature causes big problems when one is not
made aware of this. Would it be a good idea to provide some sort of
information about this feature either in the description that one sees
when choosing what profile to install, or maybe as an error-message to
the user when he tries to login to a machine that is not in any
netgroup?

What about allowing 10.0.2.0/23 as before and writing some documentation
about what steps should be taken after a network is configured to secure
it, etc.?

--
Alex Brasetvik