Re: New Skolelinux CD image prerelease 47 (pr47)

søndag 4. april 2004, 17:32, skrev Petter Reinholdtsen:
>   * We probably forgot to list something.

Didn't we forgett to mention that there now only will be nfs-export to
hosts that are added to netgroups?

So that if you have a machine installed with pr47 without any changes
made to the netgroup, there will be no export of the useres
home-directory to that machine,  and no user will be able to login?

I've heard reports from otherwise experienced Skolelinux installers that
this new great security feature causes big problems when one is not
made aware of this. Would it be a good idea to provide some sort of
information about this feature either in the description that one sees
when choosing what profile to install, or maybe as an error-message to
the user when he tries to login to a machine that is not in any
netgroup?

I'm behind a very expensive 33.6k modem line, and can't at the moment
work on this problem.

--
Klaus
http://www.holmlia.gs.oslo.no