Re: Interesting Applications for Skolelinux

ons, 24.03.2004 kl. 18.06 skrev rgx:
> Dear List,
>
> browsing the list of replacements for winapps [1], I found these apps
> worth being taken into conideration for further releases. Maybe, some
> of you know the software and can spend their penny on it... :)

Let's add cupsys-pt.
Not in woody, but perhaps for later.

pt (short for print tool) is small window showing jobs in the print
queue, letting you not only keep an overview but also manage the print
jobs you're allowed to. Move up, down, delete from queue, etc.
The window is continously updated.

Compressed size: 44,9 Kb, depends on gtk and a few other common
libraries.

Hope is that users can learn to manage print jobs themselves. At least
partially.
* Have them look up the print queue to see if the job they're waiting
for is still in the queue, instead of having them send yet another job.
* Give them a chance to remove some "oops, yet another thing to be
fixed" jobs.
* Perhaps even fix bad print jobs?

Harald