Re: non-free?

[Sajith VK]
> There is no good replacement for J2re.  My way is to avoid it, but
> which wont be suitable for all. So let it be there, but we need to
> somehow indicate that it is non-free.

Well, if it isn't a good replacement at the moment, perhaps it will be
one when the next major versjon of Debian Edu is ready for release.
We should all try to make that happen.

> For the other two, I think we can easly remove them, and packages
> depends on them. (If release 1.0 is too near let it be in the todo
> list)

It is likely that unless they show up in Debian before the next major
version of Debian Edu, they will be dropped.

We plan to release the first major version of Debian Edu / Skolelinux
in less then a month, so it is out of the question to spend time on
removing existing and working packages at the moment.