Perhaps of interest - K12LTSP

Red Hat has an interview with Paul Nelson, who was part of the development
team for the Linux K12 project.

	http://www.redhat.com/advice/ask.html

The Linux K12 project is a terminal server system which is deployed in 24 school
districts in Oregon (a state in the northwest of the US) and in 35 other states
in the US. It is in use and proven to be "simple."

K12 in American English stands for Kindergarten to 12th grade,
our primary and secondary school system handling kids from ages 5 to 17.

The project has web sites at:

http://k12linux.org/ - Information and Links to download and install
Linux Terminal software for classroom workstations...

http://k12ltsp.org/ - Tutorials and guides for using Linux as a
server... Network administration tutorials and information for new
Linux users...

http://k12os.org/ - Discussion forums for help, news and information
related to Linux in schools...

The founders of this project belong to the same LUG as I do...

--
      Michael Rasmussen  aka  mikeraz
    Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity

   The fortune cookie says:
A continuing flow of paper is sufficient to continue the flow of paper.
		-- Dyer