Vcon Packages

Hi Just wanted to "Touch Base" (slick business speak) on some educational V-Con
Needs.  Basic Stuff on Packages that exsist that we need (and one at least I
know that doesn't but should).

Well we really need to include the OpenMCU / OpenH323 Packages
as well as gnome-meeting.  Also, Real Server (This NEEDS to Exsist since you
need to grab libraries from Potato to get Real Server 8 dunno about 9 to even
function) and Real Player (This Exsists) Packages.  There is other (better and
worse) software out there but most of it is unstable or not developed for
linux.  I will keep my eyes peeled for linux mpeg-4 based streaming and v-con.
Real 9 should support sorenson codecs in linux since they do in windows.  Also
there are infrastructure package concerns such as Mbone and Multicast modules.

I've never personally seen FFMpeg setup as a streaming server in an educational
environment, but since its open source some might favor it over real's
proprietary and mind numbingly expensive stuff ( which my school uses ).
FFMpeg's capabilities on paper look exceptional.  I've never personally set it
up though.

And a Quick Post Script...  Whats a great exceptional stellar and all around
neat how-to intro to package developement.  It would be fun to learn.

- matt joyce < matt.joyce@mc-titan.org >