Re: Phisic : oscilloscop ?

Georges> This application may be of interest:
Georges> http://xoscope.bstc.net/

That is where someone pre-packaged my oscilloscope a few
years ago.

Georges> I have a problem with that URL : my DNS server does not
Georges> resolve it.

Georges> Is it the same application than Tim Witham's xoscope, which I find at
Georges> http://xoscope.sourceforge.net/ ?

Yes.  This is my official source page and the only one I update.

Georges> I've managed to make a debian package out of it. I must
Georges> discuss with the authors to agree about the location of ini
Georges> files (perhaps in a subdirectory of /etc/xoscope ?

The Makefile should install them in $(libexecdir)/xoscope.  That
defaults to /usr/local/libexec/xoscope but should be
/usr/libexec/xoscope if you ./configure --prefix=/usr for example.

Georges> X*oscope is a digital oscilloscope using input from a sound

That's an older description; here's the one from 1.8:

	sound card or EsounD and/or a ProbeScope/osziFOX.  Features
	include 8 simultaneous analog or logic analyzer signal
	displays, 1 us/div to 2 s/div time scale, built-in and
	external math functions including inverse, sum, diff, avg, xy,
	and FFT, 23 memory buffers, 5 automatic or manual
	measurements, and file save/load.

Georges> Tim Witham's xoscope does not feature built-in math
Georges> functions, does it ?

Yes.

RUN-TIME KEYBOARD CONTROLS

       ;/:  Increase/Decrease  the  math function of the selected
            channel.  This is not available on channel 1 & 2.

       $    Show the result of an external math  command  on  the
            selected  channel.  You are prompted for the command.
            The command must accept samples of channel 1 &  2  on
            stdin  and  write a new signal to stdout.  See operl,
            offt.c and xy.c in the distribution for  examples  of
            external  math  filter  commands.   Not  available on
            channel 1 & 2.

You can also pick one off the Channel -> Math menu.

--
-- Tim Witham <twitham@quiknet.com>, http://www.quiknet.com/~twitham/