Re: Download von Skolelinux u.a.m.

Hi,

On Thursday 20 September 2007 21:17, Hans-Dietrich Kirmse wrote:
> wollte ich diese DVD-Variante ziehen. Aber da wird mir angezeigt, dass
> die Größe der Datei unter 400 MB ist und dieser Download nur 30 Minuten
> dauern soll. - das kann aber doch nicht stimmen. was mache ich falsch?

Du benutzt ein kaputtes Programm zum Downloaden.

http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#small-dvd

Why is my downloaded DVD image smaller than 1 GB when it should be larger than
4 GB?

Most likely, the tool you use for downloading the image does not have large
file support, i.e. it has problems downloading files larger than 4 GBytes.
The usual symptom for this problem is that when you download the file, the
file size reported by your tool (and the amount of data that it downloads) is
too small by exactly 4 GB. For example, if the DVD image is 4.4 GB large,
your tool will report a size of 0.4 GB.

Some versions of wget also suffer from this problem - either upgrade to a
version of wget which does not have this restriction or use the curl command
line download tool: "curl -C - [URL]"

Gruß,
	Holger