Re: new debian-edu-announce ML

I am sometimes more German, than I would like to :/
(me blaming it on my native language)

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 08:04:07 pm Steffen Joeris wrote:
> Hi all
>
> The debian listmasters created the new debian-edu-announce@lists.debian.org
> mailinglist. From now on, all important announcements concerning the
> debian-edu project will go to this list. This includes the security
> announcements (DESAs), updates to the stable pool, releases, point releases
> and maybe test releases as well as other really important
> debian-edu/skolelinux announcements. The list itself is moderated and there
> won't be any discussions. If anyone wants to send follow-ups to an
> announcement mail, then they go to debian-edu@lists.debian.org .
I mean that there is no need for discussions on the announcement list, these
can go to debian-edu@l.d.o. instead :)

> To put everything into a nutshell, from now on it is no longer needed to
> follow the vast mail traffic on one of the lists. If anyone
> (user/developer/admin/$whatever) wants to know about the important changes
> in debian-edu/skolelinux, then they should be subscribed to the
> debian-edu-announce@lists.debian.org ML. Therefore, I urge everyone to go
> to the registration page[0] and announce the debian-edu-announce ml.
> (Of course, the list will be low-traffic).
> Thanks for your attention.
s/announce/register/

> Cheers
> Steffen
>
> [0]: http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu-announce/

Thanks to the listmasters and I hope we can attract more subscribes now, where
they do not need to read the high traffic lists anymore :)

Cheers
Steffen