Re: New Debian-Edu/Skolelinux test CD image 2 (test02)

Hi

On Saturday 25 November 2006 19:11, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 23 November 2006 20:48, Steffen Joeris wrote:
> >    ftp://ftp.skolelinux.org/skolelinux-cd/debian-edu_etch-i386-test02.iso
> >
> > http://ftp.skolelinux.org/skolelinux-cd/debian-edu_etch-i386-test02.iso
> > rsync ftp.skolelinux.org::skolelinux-cd/debian-edu_etch-i386-test02.iso
>
> this image is at least broken in qemu, Qemu doesn't find the cdrom, that's
> after having choosen language. The log says "cdrom-detect: Searching for
> Debian installation media" :-(
It was really strange, before the prerelease was copied into from the
debian-edu/etch daily build into the release area, the system triggered a
final rebuild which did not change anything in the lists and therefore wasn't
noticed. This final build produced a bad image which resulted in the error
message above. Just another rebuild after that fixed the issue and so I
updated the image and replaced it by another rebuild.
I am not sure why this strange thing happened and I will keep an eye on it.
For now the test release 02 should work and the error above shouldn't occur
anymore. I am sorry for any inconvience and the release procedure is also
updated to avoid such errors in the future.

Cheers
Steffen