public_html

Hi

Gerade wird hier in Norwegen ein Bug besprochen. Unser lieber Ralf hat ihn mal
gepostet und nun gilt es eine Entscheidung zu treffen.

Wir wollen diese Entscheidung von den Usern bekommen und nicht selber treffen.

Hier also der Bugreport:

Skolelinux strength is - among others - the vast range of availble services.
Apache web server is preconfigured, but after installation it is quite bare.

I think, creating new users should add some default index.html in
~/public.html. Can't tell if this is rather to be done by using /etc/skel or
the /usr/share/webmin/ldap-users/createhomedir script.

In the same course, konqueror should be preconfigured to
- use webcache as proxy (cf. older bug)
- don't use proxy for wlus (won't work!)
- use javascript by default (you could argue as for java).

(Why is Mozilla not set up to use webcache, BTW?)

Regards
Ralf

 ------- Additional Comment #1 From Ralf 2004-09-25 10:24 -------
Now, after some secon thought, it became clear, that /etc/skel can only create
files under ~/etc. Hence we can add some code to

/usr/share/webmin/ldap-users/createhomedir

in order to have ~/public_html and ~/public_html/index.html created.

Die Frage ist nun sollen diese Verzeichnisse standardmaeßig erstellt werden
oder nicht? Fuer uns hier in Ski gab es fuer beides gute Gruende.

Greetings
Steffen