ordentliche webmin module (forw) webmin and html widgets

vor ein paar tagen habe ich hier kurz dargelegt wie ich gerne
webmin module hätte. damit diese information nicht verlohren geht
und auch in deutsch verfügbar ist wäre es vielleicht gut diese
mail und das angehängte mini-modul zu übersetzen und auf die
webseite zu packen? dann verweise ich von meiner job liste
darauf.
--- Begin Message ---
On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Andreas Schuldei wrote:

> i hope you recovered from your disk failure. i would still be
> interested in your way of doing stuff with the both modules and
> webmin.

I am dreadfully sorry for taking so long to get back to you.  But after
all the excitement about the disk failure and restoring everything and the
big webmin discussion on debian-devel I forgot all about it.
Unfortunately it looks like much of my Debian webmin modules work is gone
forever but I quickly made up a small new module which though it doesn't
do too much is I think a good example.

The file alternatives.wbm.gz contains a module which simply lists the
alternatives maintained by update-alternatives.  I didn't have time
to make a .deb so install it like this:

mv alternatives.wbm.gz /usr/share/webmin
cd /usr/share/webmin
tar xvzf alternatives.wbm.gz
mkdir /etc/webmin/alternatives
mv /usr/share/webmin/alternatives/config-debian-linux /etc/webmin/alternatives/config
touch /etc/webmin/alternatives/admin.acl
update-webmin add alternatives

The main file you will want to look at is Alternatives.pm

I've tried to comment everything thouroughly but please ask me if you
don't understand something.

> there are some annoying warnings one gets when using web-lib.pl
> of webmin. would you acept patches to fix those spots? perhaps
> even a whole re-indention patch? what about upstream? is he
> alive? what about turning the web-lib.pl into a .pm? well, one
> step at a time...

Because webmin has to work on a wide range of systems including one which
might only have perl 4, I doubt if upstream will accept any drastic
changes but he is quite responsive so it might be worth a try.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>

--- End Message ---