stable update: hal

Debian-Edu/Skolelinux Stable Package Update

The Debian-Edu/Skolelinux developers have updated the following
package(s) in the stable repository. We advise you to upgrade to
the newest stable version.

Package: hal
New version: 0.5.8.1-9.0.edu.etch.3

This update fixes skolelinux bug #1273. With this update users are able
to mount filesystems that do not support the umask parameter. For
example if a users wants to mount an usb pendrive with an ext2
filesystem on it, the old version would fail, because the umask=007
option is always appended. With the new version umask=007 is only used
when the filesystem supports it (according to the mount manpage).

Upgrade Instructions
----------------------

Make sure the line

        deb http://ftp.skolelinux.org/skolelinux/ etch local

is present in your /etc/apt/sources.list and run 'aptitude update' to
update your package lists. Then run

        'aptitude upgrade'

to upgrade the package mentioned above. This might upgrade other
packages too, and if you only want to upgrade the package above, you
should run

        'aptitude install hal'

The official CD(s)/DVD will not be updated immediately, but when we release a
new point release. Then the new package version will be included onto the
CD(s)/DVD.