Debian-Edu news

Hello,

the debian-edu metapackages will be avalaible shortly on all the
mirrors. The packages just got accepted by the ftpmasters (cf attached
message).

We really need volunteers for various tasks. You can take only one task
and you won't be forced to do that task until the end of your
life ... so please step forward if you can take the responsibility of
a task at least for a few weeks/months. You can even be several people
for some tasks...

- We need WikiMasters: many data has been collected in the various
  Edu<SoftwareName> entries ... but they should really be formatted in
  an uniform way. Those pages can be considered as model :
  http://wiki.debian.net/EduXpovchem
  http://wiki.debian.net/EduXoscope

  Your work is to update all the pages to have the same format
  and to complete the pages when some information are
  missing. This includes creating the page when there's a link
  to a new software (ie WikiNames followed by a question mark:
  "Edu<NewSoftware>?").

  You should also try to keep the following two pages up to date:
  http://wiki.debian.net/DebianEduToPackage
  http://wiki.debian.net/DebianEduToIntegrate
  (you can do a periodic check and/or update when you've read here
  that something has changed)

- We need someone to prepare the WML page for the Debian web site.
  You can take a look at the Debian Junior WML page to have a basic
  template that you can edit. The website is stored via CVS :
  http://cvs.debian.org/?cvsroot=webwml
  http://cvs.debian.org/webwml/english/devel/debian-jr/?cvsroot=webwml

  We don't need something as complete as the DebianJr page right now.
  We only need the main page with general information (much like the
  DebianJr main page really).

- We need a leader for the "documentation effort". I'm clearly not very
  good for that. You will have to lead the "documentation part of
  Debian-Edu". This means :
  - deciding in what format the documentation will be written
  - setting up the required infrastructure (cvs on cvs.debian.org most
    probably or maybe on the forthcoming Debian sourceforge-based
    service)
  - coordinating the work (applying patches, ...)

- And last but not least, we need packagers and Debian
  maintainers ... please grab something to do from those
  two pages :
  http://wiki.debian.net/DebianEduToPackage
  http://wiki.debian.net/DebianEduToIntegrate

  New maintainers who are looking for sponsors
  can make them known here ...

Of course, I'm always here to assist anyone in his work ... if you
have questions, feel free to ask.

I'll try to manage any task where nobody has volunteered but if I have
everything to manage DebianEdu won't go very far. :)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com
--- Begin Message ---
Accepted:
debian-edu_0.1.dsc
  to pool/main/d/debian-edu/debian-edu_0.1.dsc
debian-edu_0.1.tar.gz
  to pool/main/d/debian-edu/debian-edu_0.1.tar.gz
education-astronomy_0.1_all.deb
  to pool/main/d/debian-edu/education-astronomy_0.1_all.deb
education-chemistry_0.1_all.deb
  to pool/main/d/debian-edu/education-chemistry_0.1_all.deb
education-desktop-gnome_0.1_all.deb
  to pool/main/d/debian-edu/education-desktop-gnome_0.1_all.deb
education-desktop-kde_0.1_all.deb
  to pool/main/d/debian-edu/education-desktop-kde_0.1_all.deb
education-desktop-other_0.1_all.deb
  to pool/main/d/debian-edu/education-desktop-other_0.1_all.deb
education-electronics_0.1_all.deb
  to pool/main/d/debian-edu/education-electronics_0.1_all.deb
education-geography_0.1_all.deb
  to pool/main/d/debian-edu/education-geography_0.1_all.deb
education-graphics_0.1_all.deb
  to pool/main/d/debian-edu/education-graphics_0.1_all.deb
education-language_0.1_all.deb
  to pool/main/d/debian-edu/education-language_0.1_all.deb
education-logic-games_0.1_all.deb
  to pool/main/d/debian-edu/education-logic-games_0.1_all.deb
education-mathematics_0.1_all.deb
  to pool/main/d/debian-edu/education-mathematics_0.1_all.deb
education-misc_0.1_all.deb
  to pool/main/d/debian-edu/education-misc_0.1_all.deb
education-music_0.1_all.deb
  to pool/main/d/debian-edu/education-music_0.1_all.deb
education-physics_0.1_all.deb
  to pool/main/d/debian-edu/education-physics_0.1_all.deb
education-services_0.1_all.deb
  to pool/main/d/debian-edu/education-services_0.1_all.deb
Announcing to debian-devel-changes@lists.debian.org

Thank you for your contribution to Debian.

--- End Message ---