Re: DebConf-Mini at IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India (August)

On 2019, മേയ് 7 12:06:10 PM IST, "shirish शिरीष" <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
>at bottom :-
>I shared this [1] on planet.debian.org (p.d.o.) yesterday .
>
>So rest assured, everybody from within Debian will be interested and
>curious to know how things happen. Now one of the first things that we
>had discussed is either having an IRC, a matrix or a telegram group.
>While we would prefer to have a matrix group so that we could invite
>people, we would leave it to you as to how you wanna do it.

Agree with Shirish here, we have to start with a dedicated matrix/irc group/channel to coordinate.

>The other thing that now we know that the dates are known are to do two
>things.
>
>a. Get the sponsors brochure ready and spread it to as many people as
>possible.
>b. Get a website so that you can call for a cfp (call for proposals)
>so you have speakers not only from IIT-Mumbai but from all over so
>that there is melting of ideas and so on and so forth.

We can use the debutsav.in current template and domain. Template could be changed as well.

https://git.fosscommunity.in/debutsav/static-website

Move Delhi site to debutsav.in/delhi and create debutsav.in/mumbai  and debutsav.in main page could be redirected to debutsav.in/mumbai

>c. Also we need to know whether it would be single or a multi-track
>event.

DebUtsav is usually two tracks, one for Debian and second for rest of Free Software.

>d. Have some way for registration of attendees. The best would be
>using the website though.

We have been using events.fsci.in and we can use the same here as well.