Re: DebConf-Mini at IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India (August)

at bottom :-

On 07/05/2019, Mohamed <mkasimkh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please note that, IIT Bombay will host the DebConf-Mini in August in
> association with FSCI. We would like to call this event as "DebUtsav IIT
> Bombay" and are planning to make it a National level event.
>
> Suggestions and feedback are welcome.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Kumar Appaiah & Mohamed Kasim
> IIT Bombay

Dear Mohamed,

I shared this [1] on planet.debian.org (p.d.o.) yesterday .

So rest assured, everybody from within Debian will be interested and
curious to know how things happen. Now one of the first things that we
had discussed is either having an IRC, a matrix or a telegram group.
While we would prefer to have a matrix group so that we could invite
people, we would leave it to you as to how you wanna do it.

FWIW, FSCI does host a matrix messaging service so it you want you
could ask Praveen or any of the other admins to have a channel on
poddery. The services can be seen at [2]

The other thing that now we know that the dates are known are to do two things.

a. Get the sponsors brochure ready and spread it to as many people as possible.
b. Get a website so that you can call for a cfp (call for proposals)
so you have speakers not only from IIT-Mumbai but from all over so
that there is melting of ideas and so on and so forth.
c. Also we need to know whether it would be single or a multi-track event.
d. Have some way for registration of attendees. The best would be
using the website though.

While there are many more things, it would be more viable if we have
an IRC/Matrix channel where we can discuss this and get things moving.
Hoping to hear from more you.

1. https://flossexperiences.wordpress.com/2019/05/06/debutsav-mumbai-and-itsfoss-com-changes/
2. https://wiki.fsci.org.in/index.php/Poddery_-_Diaspora,_Matrix_and_XMPP

E493 D466 6D67 59F5 1FD0 930F 870E 9A5B 5869 609C