Re: Call for Venue for hosting DebConf 2021 or 22

Quoting Sruthi Chandran (2019-03-22 18:04:39)
> On 22/03/2019 19:22, Abhijith PA wrote:
> > On Friday 22 March 2019 04:46 AM, rajudev wrote:
> >> The institutions/organizations who have hosted Mini Debian
> >> Conferences or DebUtsav's previously can also convey there interest
> >> in hosting a DebConf. It would be easier to manage operations in
> >> such institutions as we would already be having POC's in such
> >> organizations.
> >>
> >> The organizations does not necessarily have to be educational
> >> institutions. Could be other places to equipped to handle a large
> >> gathering of people.
> >
> > I don't think we can count any educational institutions. Unlike
> > debutsav/mini-debconf, DebConf is two week event and normally
> > happens in June-August. All universities/colleges in India have
> > regular classes on these months.
>
> I completely agree. I do not think letting 200-1000 odd people inside
> the campus for a period of 2-4 weeks will be acceptable in any
> university/institution.

I thought that is essentially what universities do all the time ;-)

Joke aside, I suggest asking at universities instead of guessing.
Perhaps they are interested in the publicity that comes with being hosts
- and perhaps they have ideas for adjusting the time slightly to fit
their calendar.

 - Jonas