Re: debconf procedures and SMC as a trusted organization

On ബു, ഏപ്രി 18, 2018 at 10:43 വൈകു, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
We should try to fix this if we want to have a Debconf say even 3-4 years from now.

I'd even start thinking about a debconf, if we can consistently hold 3-4 mini debconfs for 2-3 years.

I dunno if you have been following some of the debconf discussions or not but it seems to make whole lot easier if an organization is a trusted organization. We could also look at ocf.tw both the kind of work they are doing and recording of it. I was able to connect with couple of people there and they told me they are 8 volunteers who run this apart from their various day jobs, college or whatever they do. I believe we are substantially more as far as numbers are concerned. See the project page, https://ocf.tw/p/ . Even though it in Mandarin, Chinese you can get a sense of it. What we seem to lack are documentors of our efforts.

If at all we have to create yet another organization, I'd prefer it like SPI, SFLC or SFC, that can help any Free Software community rather than just Debian. We already have a lot of registered organizations that all supposed to be doing just this.