Re: debconf procedures and SMC as a trusted organization

Reply in-line :-

On 18/04/2018, Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:

<snipped>

> You are comparing Apples to Oranges here. An SPI associate project is
> completely different from a Debian Trusted Organization.

right.

> -> Debian and SMC (among many other Free Software projects) both are
> associate projects of SPI.
> -> SPI is one of the many Debian trusted organizations.
>
> May be you are referring to
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-dug-in/2014/11/msg00027.html

on the money. That is exactly what I was thinking/remembering excerpts from
when I read the irc log, that a conversation had happened on those
lines, having a non-profit but nothing came from it then.

We should try to fix this if we want to have a Debconf say even 3-4
years from now.

I dunno if you have been following some of the debconf discussions or
not but it seems
to make whole lot easier if an organization is a trusted organization.

We could also look at ocf.tw both the kind of work they are doing and
recording of it.

I was able to connect with couple of people there and they told me
they are 8 volunteers who run this apart from their various day jobs,
college or whatever they do.

I believe we are substantially more as far as numbers are concerned.

See the project page,

https://ocf.tw/p/ .  Even though it in Mandarin, Chinese you can get a
sense of it.

What we seem to lack are documentors of our efforts.