Re: debconf procedures and SMC as a trusted organization

On ബു, ഏപ്രി 18, 2018 at 4:48 വൈകു, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
Actually the correct term used was 'Associated Sponsorship' https://www.spi-inc.org/meetings/logs/2013/2013-06-13-log.txt See this bit as 21:27 - 21:27 #SPI: < Noodles> We have an outstanding mail from Swathanthra Malayalam Computing (http://smc.org.in) about becoming an associated project. 21:27 #SPI: < Noodles> I don't know anything about them to be honest. 21:27 #SPI: < Noodles> But I'll try to reply in the next few days as it's been sitting around on board@ for a while now.

You are comparing Apples to Oranges here. An SPI associate project is completely different from a Debian Trusted Organization.

-> Debian and SMC (among many other Free Software projects) both are associate projects of SPI.
-> SPI is one of the many Debian trusted organizations.

May be you are referring to https://lists.debian.org/debian-dug-in/2014/11/msg00027.html