Re: debconf procedures and SMC as a trusted organization

Addition at bottom :-

On 18/04/2018, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
> at bottom :-
>
> On 18/04/2018, Briain O'Driscoll <briainodriscoll@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Oh. Yes of course.
>>
>> I'm briain, living in Ireland since 2000. I got into using debian 2002
>> and
>> I've been using it exclusively ever since. I grew up in Toronto, Canada.
>> In
>> the past year I completed a post-graduate one-year 'higher diploma' in
>> Software Development at the University of Limerick, Ireland. By SMC, do
>> you
>> mean Secret Maryo Chronicles. I joined this mailing list for some
>> community. We don't have much going on in this country like you do in
>> India
>>

> Warning - I do tend to write long mails.
>
> <snipped>
>
> Dear Brian,
>
> Thank you for sharing that info. Is it ok if I share your credentials
> publicly, by that I mean sharing your reply email on the list. ? Also
> are you a DD, DM or just a user/contributor like me ?
>
> hmm...Secondly, by any chance have you asked for bursary for Debconf.
> If you have, that's ok, I have too and have as much control about
> getting sponsored as the next person which essentially means zero
> control.
>
> As you are talking about Ireland then that probably you might not be
> knowing https://lists.debian.org/debian-dug-ie/
>
> It doesn't seem seem to be a largish community but it's been there since
> 2012.
>
> This isn't to discourage you in any way but more so you can a fruitful
> relationship with people who are around. Its much more enriching to
> meet people face-to-face than flinging  unfeeling bytes across the
> web. I find it more rewarding to work with people around me.
>
> The debconf wiki project I am doing is that as many a times I found
> myself reaching and asking and seeing other people asking the same
> questions over and over again which makes it boring. Being able to
> help out and just point to a wiki makes the whole process much easier.
>
> Although putting content to the wiki is not so hard, maintaining it
> probably is,  as Debian community processes are more dynamic than one
> would think. It is perhaps due to that, that most people didn't take
> the effort to write it down on the wiki.
>
> I'm also not a fan of moinmoin as unlike mediawiki it doesn't let you
> do work in sections (if you need to) and I just feel comfortable with
> it. I don't need to learn markdown or any other fancy stuff, just
> plain HTML using the in-built text editor is good enough and formatting rules
> are easy enough that probably an 8th standard person could do.
>
> I wish smc was Secret Maryo Chronicles but unfortunately it's not :) .
>
> Just as an aside, I love foss games quite a bit although SMC (above)
> is a bit above my head.  I am more of a turn-based rpg fanboy because
> it makes you think before taking a step. I did know couple of people
> [...]

Brian sent me an email saying it's ok to share his credentials so
sharing it with the list now.

I am sure there are more than enough historians from SMC to point out
any mistakes I might have made in recounting SMC's background.

I am sure SMC does a whole lot more, I just shared whatever I could remember.