debconf procedures and SMC as a trusted organization

As all would be longish :-)

Dear all,

the last few days I have been trying to put thoughts, experiences and
whatever I have learnt about Debconf in the various pages -

https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf/DebConf and the subsequent
linked sub-pages.

There is still some more content that I need to fill in but hopefully
will help whenever we think of organizing Debconf , although from what
I have seen we need to do a whole lot of events, make them sustainable
etc. before trying to bid for the big one.

Interestingly, through my journey I came across some content which
shared that SMC had tried to get trusted organization but didn't get
anywhere.  I know at least Bala (of SMC, GNOME, GNUKhata, Debian and
probably few more upstream projects) participated in Debconf 2017.

@Bala were you able to advance the discussion about how SMC operates
and how it could benefit both the organizations or/and get
requirements from Debconf as to the requirements that an organization
needs to do to be called as 'trusted organization' in Debian.

I would suggest to everybody to browse through the content I have made
for Debconf and point out any goof-ups or areas left unexplored.

I probably would not be able to judge if there is something that needs
to be spelt out more clearly or something is clear or not.

I did find that there are lot more events of Debian that we could do
than what we do atm.

For instance,  one of the sprints AFAIK we haven't ever held is the
'Debian documentation sprint' which we could hold anywhere. Just need
a person or two who is familiar and able to trudge/work though the
moinmoin wiki and share with others content that needs to be updated .

Of course, I myself am more partial towards mediawiki but if somebody
wants to get something updated on the Debian moinmoin wiki can help in
making updated content .

We could even use the storm.debian.net for these purposes, the only
thing which people need to get is the alioth certificate (which
probably might also move to salsa at some point of time or some other
service which provides the same functionality. )

The idea basically is people update the content somewhere else (for
e.g. either etherpad.net or storm.debian.net for collaborative
approach or some other place which people find convenient) or just
your text-editor and the one or two people who are ok with moinmoin
upload the content and make sure to share the credit with whoever has
made the content in the first place.

There probably is and might be some outdated content on the wiki which
we could rehash and make it current to the best of our knowledge,
understanding.

Feel free to let me know if there is something which interests you in
the above.