Re: Fwd: Re: relayb0t

On Wed, 2016-10-19 at 23:06 +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-10-19 at 22:07 +0530, Abhijith PA wrote:
> >
> > I found another relaybot ( called hybridbot
> > -https://daemons.cf/cgit/hybridbot ;) ,written in python . And it is not
> > dumping any  previous messages . If everybody is okay I can make it online .
>
> Now that the old one is scraped, you should really target for something where
> both sides can initiate a conversation.
>
> In the last implementation (all discussions were public on this list), only
> the
> jabber users could initiate a conversation to the IRC user. NOT the other way
> around.
>
> So please, please come up with a solution which works for all.

Vasudev suggested the following, on IRC.

<copyninja> jonas: is it possible to move pkg-config files using d-shlibmove
<copyninja> I remember seeing something similar in may be one of your package
but not able to recall it
<copyninja> got it never mind
<copyninja> codesearch to rescue
<copyninja> RickXy: around
<copyninja> ?
<RickXy> copyninja, hi
<RickXy> now I am.
<copyninja> RickXy: are you willing to test https://lab.louiz.org/louiz/biboumi/
blob/3.0/doc/biboumi.1.rst
<copyninja> biboumi for providing a jabber gateway to IRC
<copyninja> its unlike the bot approach used by others
<RickXy> I can try it over the week.
<RickXy> How do I test ?
<RickXy> Have you set it up ?
<copyninja> nope
<copyninja> we need a jabber server for testing it
<copyninja> so best way we install prosody on local machine and try it out
<copyninja> RickXy: or you can try setting up prosody on my VPS :D
<copyninja> I have it on my radar for a while but not getting enough time to
test it out
<copyninja> so asking you
* RickXy is lazy.
<RickXy> Abhijith PA was interested in reviving it.
<copyninja> well was he?..
<copyninja> even after I mentioning it here on IRC no one seems to be
interested
<copyninja> and they were looking at another new bot for the purpose
<copyninja> so I felt if we want then we need to try it
<copyninja> at the momemnt I'm fixing fontforge
<copyninja> its about time I target it to unstable

- --
Ritesh Raj Sarraf
RESEARCHUT - http://www.researchut.com
"Necessity is the mother of invention."