Re: [Mini-Debconf India] Updates on the January 2015 Mumbai mini-DebConf

Hello,

> Quoting Rigved Rakshit (2014-11-03 11:37:19)
>> 6. We are looking at the possibility of live streaming all the
>> sessions. We are looking for volunteers with prior experience in this.
>
> Rule #0: Make backups! Have multiple disks and make many backups!

+1

> You (or rather those actually volunteering for it) may find valuable
> info in the Debconf Video Teeam's many years of documented experiences:
> https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Videoteam
>
> The Debconf workflow is centered around a live video mixer:
> https://dvswitch.alioth.debian.org/wiki/

I actually spent quite a bit of time earlier today going through all
the VideoTeam's documentation. I think I have understood their basic
workflow. We'll discuss this when all the volunteers meetup with the
FOSSEE team.

> This MiniDebconf seems similar in size as the MiniDebconf last year in
> Barcelona, where we used two cameras in one room:
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianWomen/Projects/MiniDebconf-Women/2014/Video

This is helpful.

> Honestly I would be surprised if you paid attention to above.  I suspect
> you will completely ignore it and try do better, completely differently.
> Just pretty please don't ignore this:
>
> Rule #0: Make backups! Have multiple disks and make many backups!

+2 :)

Best Regards,
Rigved