Re: Screening of Internet's Own Boy during Debutsav'14

Quoting shirish शिरीष (2014-10-04 14:03:08)
>> On Thursday 02 October 2014 08:21 PM, Vignesh Prabhu wrote:
>>> If possible I would suggest screening Internet's Own Boy movie
>>> during the fest.

> If we are screening this, shouldn't we also screen TPB AFK . That
> would be cool movie to share and watch as well.

Both those movies relate to civil disobedience.

If you want to promote creative commons and hacker culture without that
element of civil disobedience, you can consider the movies from the
Blender project, and Sita Sings the Blues (which I guess is double fun
to watch for people from India - similar to my informally showing
"Brazil" at a debconf in Brazil had an added twist to it).

A very short one related to copyright and privacy without disobedience
is this one (from the author of Sita...):
https://archive.org/details/EffanAnimatedThankYouFromEffAndNinaPaley

> Either of the movies could be shown before we start the hackathon. We
> show-case that, have a 20-30 minute discussion on themes of privacy,
> copyright etc. and then launch into the hackathon.

You could also make a "movie night".

Depends what atmosphere you wanna create, obviously.

 - Jonas