Re: Government's OS BOSS dying a slow death due to lack of patronage

[dropping all but original sender and dug-in list as recipients]

Hi Ethirajan.D,

Quoting BOSS Linux (2014-09-28 08:30:00)
> There has been considerable talk after the ET article on BOSS Linux. To
> quote Mark Twain, “Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated”. As a
> developer of BOSS, I’ll try to place the situation in some perspective.
[...]
> Along the journey, there have been some hits and misses. Some of the
> areas where we would be concentrating on in the future are greater
> customization of strategic OS versions, including the developer and
> student communities in the BOSS movement, and greater reach in the
> educational/enterprise markets. The article in ET has several arguable
> statements, but we prefer to see it as a welcome sign of kickstarting
> a greater conversation about the BOSS project and where it should be
> headed.
>
> We are in the process of a major internal review on these very issues,
> and so all feedback is welcome.

Thanks for your summary.  Great to know that BOSS Linux is still
actively maintained!

Please do consider getting BOSS Linux closer to Debian, for the benefit
of both Debian and BOSS Linux users, and also relieving you of some of
the maintenance burden.

You are - still - quite welcome to get in touch with me if you need help
or advice on optimizing your workflows to get closer to Debian.

Regards,

 - Jonas