Re: Registration Form

at bottom :-

On 9/16/14, ബാലശങ്കർ സി <balasankarc@gnome.org> wrote:
> Hey,
> Sorry guys for the delay in creating the speaker registration form. I was
> out of station the last week (11 days to be precise) and didn't have regular
> access to internet. I was home yesterday midnight only.
>
> I know I asked this once, but I couldn't find any specific answer to it. How
> are we getting the papers from speakers? There are two (or three) options
> 1. Direct upload at the registration page
> 2. EMail
> 3 (?) . Direct submission during the event.
>
> In all the seminars/conferences I ever attended, the papers were collected
> via email. That is easy to implement, has documentation on when the file was
> received etc. Direct uploading from registration page posers a great
> security risk (spam uploads) and I would never advocate that. About the
> direct submission during event, I have no comments.
>
> Please reply fast (if possible, today itself), so I can push the speaker
> registration also.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Balasankar C
> http://balasankarc.in
>
> "Freedom is never easily won, but once established, freedom lasts, spreads
> and chokes out tyranny." - Trent Lott

Dear Bala,
I think we settled this. People don't need to do a real CFP. If they
want to, they can share it via e-mail. Instead of having a CFP, even
if they share a by-line of what topic they want to share/present or do
a workshop upon, that is more than good enough. Just make sure the
stress is a bit more on Debian than free software. We will choose
either based on what seems to a good topic and we would like to have a
good variety of talks.

If you need to give an e-mail address, give mine for the time-being
and later we can make it something that people have access to.

Let me know if any more clarification is needed.