Re: debutsav.in is working

On Wednesday 10 September 2014 11:46 AM, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> Hi Praveen,
> Why did you change over to gitlab. It isn't easy as just changing the
> remote. We all have to jump ship from gitorious to gitlab to make it
> happen (esp. for any merge requests if and we want to make).

When we opened a gitorious.org account, that was the only free software
git hosting option with features like merge request, other options like
alioth and savannah all offered a more traditional approach which needs
members to be added to a project to be able contribute.

We are working on packaging gitlab so when its ready we may get the same
features in alioth.

Now we have a choice of gitlab and gitorious, all new projects we
started after gitlab was available is opened on gitlab. It has more
features like built in issue tracker which is missing from gitorious.

> Update: just saw the re-organization changes you did.
>
> I don't know how we do the merge requests?
> Guess this would need to be more manual OR we all move over to gitlab
> from gitorious?
>
> Looking forward to know.

Moving over to gitlab would be a good option. It allows signing in with
a github, twitter or google account.

Thanks
Praveen