On a policy for non-debian foss content in a mini debconf

Hi,

There was recent discussions on debian-dug-in list [1][2] on the content
of a mini debconf being planned in India during October 17 and 18.

The event is being organized in an engineering college with a good track
record of free software contributions [3]. I proposed a mini debconf in
the hope of getting more contributions to debian. Since we did not get
many debian contributors to attend the event and encouraging the student
who already contributed to give talks on their Free Software contributions.

But many in the community felt mini debconfs and debconfs have been
primarily about debian and having other talks would confuse attendees.
Some suggested 1/3 of the talks could be about debian as debconfs have a
debian day where local community can join.

I would like us to define the requirements of calling an event mini
debconf as a policy so we don't have to have this debate every time we
organize a mini debconf.

My suggestion would be to leave that to the local organizers based on
the strength of local communities to decide how much debian content
would qualify for calling it a debconf.

I'm also thinking about creating a new brand like "debian utsav" which
would mean a joint event of debian and local debian community to share
each others experiences.

Cheers
Praveen

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-dug-in/2014/08/msg00090.html