Re: Updates

On Wednesday 03 September 2014 05:46 PM, Kartik Mistry wrote:
> 1. If we want to keep MiniDebConf name, please please - Debian talks
> only. There can be lots of things can be done like,
> a. Debian Install Party,
> b. Debian bug squashing,
> c. Debian hackfest.

I have no issues with your wishlist, but I doubt that is really going to
happen as we don't have any volunteers to do what you propose.

With the kind of responses I get, I am feeling more like not talking
about debian at all. But since I don't accept any of your authority and
I consider I'm part of debian, I will talk about debian. If this is how
we are going to promote debian - by banning anything other than debian,
then good luck to you all. But I don't agree to such a strategy and I
don't accept anyone's authority.

These kind of responses totally pisses me off.

You are free to sue us, the organizers, for using debian name. You can
also contact debconf administrators if you feel we are misusing debconf
server space. You can also tell Lucas not to sponsor Jaldhar's travel
because there is going to be Free Software talks other than debian. You
can also suggest to expel me from debian for spreading Free Software in
the name of debian.

As for using mini debconf name, there is no official policy on what
should be the content of the mini debconf. When debian project comes
with a clear policy, we'll respect that.

Also I will seriously consider not using the debian name from next
conference onwards.

As for having an event to talk only about debian, I would be happy to
see the people who concerned about diluting the scope to take efforts to
organize such an event.

> 2. Please finalize letters for Jaldhar Vyas. It is important.

Hope Harish or Aishwarya can give an update on it.

> 3. Less mails, more work.

You can always wish :)

> Since, I'm not volunteer or in org committee, I can't comment much.
>
> My appearance at MiniDebCof depends on #1, #2 and travel time.

Having you drop out would mean even less talk about debian. Using
authority and blackmail is not going to work. Those who feel strongly
about only debian content should make an effort to get that done, rather
than putting a gun on the people who are taking an effort to take debian
to even more people.