Re: Updates

in-line :-

On 9/2/14, Aishwarya S <aishwarya923@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> To update on the progress:
>

>    1. As you all know, we had an in formal CFP in the Institute. Attaching
>    herewith the responses we received. Do share your thoughts on it.

Looks good, apart from Thomas talking/sharing 3 talks don't see an
issue. And while having 3 talks isn't issue, if we can have two
speakers doing a session each, would perhaps be better.

It seems that Amritapuri is thinking of a two-track event, looking at
the talks. Shared an .ods port in case somebody had issues with .csv.

If we are to open a CFP, then these talks would have to be shared as
already accepted (24 hrs. for the community to raise any objection on
either the topics given/shared or anything else.)

>    2. We are looking to have t shirts and hoodies for the event. And, I
>    believe the community also is planning to. If anyone knows of any
> merchant,
>    we could give a bulk order (to save cost and get it done quickly).

+1 , co-incidentally had sent an email to Harish precisely on that,
perhaps he can enlighten us in a day or two as to progress on that.

>    3. If the website is good to publish, we can start the CFP for the
>    public too.

We should do that as soon as possible, I hope we can do that by
tomorrow. We need to decide timings as well, which we haven't thought
of at all.

>    4. Some delay in getting the budget done, should be ready by this
>    weekend.

That would be most welcome because without that we would not be able
to talk to sponsors.

Lastly, any update on Jaldhar Vyas's letter for Visa from the host
institution. Haven't heard anything about that. He cannot book a
ticket unless his Visa is renewed.

> Let me know your thoughts.
> --
> Aishwarya Subramanian
> *http://boundlessjourney.wordpress.com/
> <http://boundlessjourney.wordpress.com/>*
>
> Don’t be discouraged by your incapacity to dispel darkness from the world.
> Light your little candle and step forward! — Amma

Looking forward to response.