Re: linux workstation motherboard recommendations

Faheem Mitha said on Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 03:02:13AM +0530,:

 > These have got good ratings at places like Amazon and Newegg.
 > However, the computer people I use told me their suppliers don't

Did you look up what they have on offer? Usually, that is much more
easier.  I usually have a friend with net acces on call; but nowadays,
simply use my smartphone to google up the offerings' support.

 > have either, though they are available at other places, e.g.
 > Flipkart. But I don't know anything about these other places, e.

AFAIK, Flipkart does provide you same kind of warranty as any other
dealer gives you - take the product to manufacturer's service center
in case of hardware failure.

FLipkart and futurebazaar's ezone are the only e-tailers I have used
so far. ;-D

Sorry cannot help you on the other (main) query though.

Do let us know what you ultimately got; and how it is working.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||
>From The Devil's Dictionary (1881-1906) [devil]:
  LAWYER, n.  One skilled in circumvention of the law.