Re: What activities do you want to take up in NITC Calicut minidebconf.

Hi Shirish,

> Just saw the schedule. Didn't know there were other people and other
> topics happening as well. There is a problem. There are 6 talks on
> Wednesday and 4 talks on Thursday. There is no mention of time-length
> anywhere nor could I understand what the column about (+1) means.

That is *not* the schedule. It is the time when the talks were
submitted. the talks submitted there are not finalized.

What you see there on the talks page is the We are giving the speaker
flexibility for the duration. Not everything can be put in an fixed
time slot effectively. The submitted proposals are open to vote. The
number in the '+1' field is the difference of the number of up votes
and down votes a particular talk has received. We are using this tool
(Funnel) to create a discussion space for people people who would like
to attend our events and this gives a good picture of what one might
expect here.

FOSSMeet is on 22-24 Feb. That is Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

> Vipin any idea about how many parallel tracks will be run? Also have
> any ideas of making it into an unconf so people can move from one to
> another as they feel the need be ?

Mini DebConf is not just another track, its more like a conf in a
conf. We are assured of a venue for the entire duration of the
conference exclusively for Mini Debconf. Just to make things easier,
we have a common registration. Anyone registering for FOSSMeet is free
to attend any of the events that happen at FOSSMeet or Mini DebConf.

People proposing talks at Mini DebConf are *encouraged* to use the
funnel (http://funnel.fossmeet.in) as it will get more exposure. More
people attending FOSSMeet will know whats happening at Mini DebConf.

You are free to decide if you would want to use Funnel or just use the
Debian Wiki or both.  A simple entry on the Mini DebConf wiki is
sufficient. People attending Mini DebConf will know where to look ;)

Vipin Nair
National Institute of Technology, Calicut
http://github.com/swvist