Re: jessie, GNOME 3.8, gnome-fallback and systemd

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 11:26 PM, Vasudev Kamath
<kamathvasudev@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry but what I wanted to tell is can we hold on to this discussion
> till Wheezy is *released* and not don't discuss at all.
>
> And frankly saying from user point of view systemd or SysV init doesn't
> matter at all other than couple of seconds gain in boot time. Fedora 15+
> already has systemd by default but I noticed that only when flamewar
> began on d-d.
>
> Saw if you ask me I don't see much of a difference this replacement does
> to an normal end user.

There really are some neat features that these event based init
services (upstart, systemd) bring with them. It is not just about the
boot time improvements.

--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf
RESEARCHUT - http://www.researchut.com