Re: What activities do you want to take up in NITC Calicut minidebconf. (long)

On 22 January 2013 11:50, Kapil Hari Paranjape <kapil@imsc.res.in> wrote:
> Here is a possible plan for community activity (as a non-participant!).
>
> Run an install-fest for wheezy[*] using the up-to-date Debian Installer
> or (for people with Ubuntu machines) using debootstrap or its variants.
> Along with this you can show people how to keep their Debian (wheezy)
> up-to-date and find/install new software on it. Doesn't hurt to
> emphasize that most of the time there is a Debian package that does what
> one needs!
+1 to that .

> After this you can ask people to use the machines for "standard" tasks
> (for their individual definitions of standard) and see what bugs they can
> come up with (some could be documentation bugs, others may need code
> fixes and yet others may need wet-ware upgradation of the users!).
We did that last time at Nitte with l10n bugs when Christian Perrier
visited us .

> So the more enthusiastic wanna-be developers should look at the
> prospective packages and start the task of packaging.

+1
> All this from a non-participator/lurker who now has a bit of time to
> type such mails!

Thanks for the suggestions . They are very helpful indeed . Keep them
coming even if you cant attend the event .

Regards,
Pavithran

--
pavithran sakamuri