Re: What activities do you want to take up in NITC Calicut minidebconf.

at bottom :-

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Praveen A <pravi.a@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/1/22 shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com>:
>> in-line :-
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 12:20 PM, Vipin Nair <swvist@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The git repo is at: https://gitorious.org/pirateparty-in/a2k/
>>> I have also put in some patches to this repo. I am not sure if the
>>> presentation is complete. Praveen could tell us more.
>>
>> yup awaiting to be updated from him.
>
> It is a work in progress, feel free to contribute.
>
> --
> പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
> You have to keep reminding your government that you don't get your
> rights from them; you give them permission to rule, only so long as
> they follow the rules: laws and constitution.

Hi all,
Few things. First of all congratulations to both Praveen, Hrishikesh
and also swvist for contributing the patches.

There should be a small document/readme.txt which tells how to compile
the .tex file to pdf/ps whatever.

I used the 'pdflatex Remembering_Aaron_Swartz.tex ' command to compile
it (twice) and it looks great.

Installed latex-beamer and kinda skimmed through the first 2-3
chapters of /usr/share/doc/latex-beamer/beameruserguide.pdf.gz and saw
that basically any editor can be used. It looks similar to HTML,XML
but will need time to see how it all works out. It would need time to
start playing with it, maybe in the week-end or something but not now.

Anyways going to the topic at hand. It's nice and concise but lacks
few things :-

a. While it does share about what happened, motives of neither Aaron
was shared (aka why he was doing it ? ) Was there some sort of
monetary benefit to himself or something else ?

b. What sort of articles are/were stored in JSTOR ?  Maybe an e.g. of
one of JSTOR articles shared or/and article from PLoS (Public Library
of Science) .

c. Has his death resulted in any positive actions around the world ?
If yes, any we could use to emulate.

I *think* even if we get those questions asked or some sort of
half-answers given to people, it should get them
thinking/kick-starting on talking about Open access and what it means.

Just my 2 paise. Sorry couldn't be of more help. Lemme know either
on-list or whichever way if you want to discuss on this.
065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17