Re: What activities do you want to take up in NITC Calicut minidebconf.

Hello Everyone,

>> While the DD's will be taking the packaging thing there
>> are numbers of things we could play around with which should help the
>> minidebconf even more better. Here's my short-list of things we can
>> play with. Either add if you have any ideas to the list or take which
>> of the topics you want to from the list, the rest can be covered by me
>> and others.

Great. If you need anything to be setup locally, please let me know. I
am also trying to get a Local Sid mirror running here. All of us could
use one.

> Nice that you have started a thread on it . I havent decided on
> anything . It all depends on the audience we will be facing .

You can expect a mixed audience with students making the majority.

>> d. We could also do an OSM walk if that is something you wanna play
>> with as well ?
>> e. Share about IRC and stuff ?
>
> I would like to do the both for sure but still havent decided on the
> approach ,  this time I am thinking of ways to make it ( session )
> more interactive . So the classroom /lab rooms should be adopted to a
> multi way discussion / sessions which I tried the last time I was at
> Nitte .

> Also lets not forget Aaron Swartz , we should plan out something as a
> tribute to him like freeing up knowledge theme or something like that
> .

We had a discussion regarding this and an Aaron Memorial Keynote was
suggested at FOSSMeet. We have not yet fixed on this.

> I understand I have been putting up some vague ideas with no concrete
> proposals . Everyone can pitch in and suggest .

The wiki page for the event is here:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia/MiniDebConf2013/Calicut
Please do add your suggestions and proposals here.

Once again, please ping me for anything that you may need at the ground. Thanks.

Looking forward to see you guys here :)

Vipin Nair
National Institute of Technology, Calicut
http://swvist.github.com