Re: DPL Elections - elections of another sort :)

On 12-03-20 at 10:45pm, Kartik Mistry wrote:
> 2012/3/20 shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com>:
> > It is fascinating to see the changes each of them propose. Now the
> > point to note is that not everybody can vote for it, only Debian
> > members (i.e. Debian maintainers and Developers) those who have a
> > stake and who do the work in Debian can vote for it as they are the
> > ones who are directly affected by the decisions and direction of DPL
> > and the Debian project. This means 8-10 people from India would have
> > chance to vote (if the names given by me on the Debian presentation
> > [5] are any good.]
>
> Only Debin Developers can vote. DM can't :)

True.

Confusion is common: http://wiki.debian.org/Maintainers#disambiguation

The less ambiguous term to use is Debian project members.

Historically being member of Debian meant maintaining packages - but
today you need not be member to do that, and other tasks qualify for
membership in Debian.

If you want to vote in Debian and are involved in translation, PR,
documentation, artwork or some other aspect of Debian than packaging,
please do consider yourself invited to join as well!

More info at http://www.debian.org/devel/join/

Regards,

 - Jonas