Re: Renaming HEAD git branches

Hi!

[ Sorry, it seems I never followed up. I think you figured it all out,
  but in any case. ]

On Sun, 2021-09-19 at 17:48:56 +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 21, 2021 at 07:03:45AM +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:

> > > It seems like you pushed into master (revivifying it) instead of main.
>
> > So I would issue
> > git branch -r origin/main main
> > git checkout main
>
> I used "git switch main". I hope this works.

That would switch to another branch, you might still want to see
whether you have some pending commits in your local master branch, and
once you've cherry-pick'ed them you can remove the branch with:

  git branch -D master

(watch out the -D is destructive and will force the removal even if
there is a delta.)

> > And would work on this one, correct?
> > (Would it be possible to delete the master branch locally as well, so
> > that I could not even switch to this? - sorry for my limited git
> > knowledge and thanks).
> >
> > Also which branch will be for future bullseye backports versions?
>
> I assume "bullseye"

Indeed.

> > Actually the very same submitter has sent me quite a few further
> > potential fixes I was going to review and commit over the weekend. But
> > I can hold this off as long as it is necessary for you to prepare.
>
> I integrated them now, I hope this time correctly.

Right, sorry I queued them but they sat locally for too long.

> Btw. I saw the following in git log:
>     While we do not generate this file at build time, but dpkg(1) does parse
>     it for its --verify command, and generates it if missing from the binary
>     package on unpack.
>
> Does this page appear in the po(t) file? How is it translated?

Hmm, sorry the commit message was not very clear. I was referring to
the md5sums file shipped in a .deb here, the man page is translated
and generated as usual. So this should be fine.

Thanks,
Guillem