Re: More man page improvements

Hello Guillem,
On Sat, May 09, 2020 at 10:19:18PM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> On Tue, 2020-05-05 at 21:09:05 +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> > #  bug report numbers → bug report numbers of bugs
> > #. type: Plain text
> > #: deb-changes.man
> > msgid ""
> > "A space-separated list of bug report numbers that have been resolved with "
> > "this upload.  The distribution archive software might use this field to "
> > "automatically close the referred bug numbers in the distribution bug "
> > "tracking system."
>
> I think the original is correct here. This is a list of bug-report
> numbers. Maybe hyphenating here would make this more clear? Otherwise
> could you say what seems wrong?

Well, you don't resolve bug report numbers, you resolve bugs. So the
list is of course the numbers, but afterwards you actually close the
bugs themselves.

> > #  Why is this bold but not the others?
> > #. type: TP
> > #: dpkg-buildflags.man
> > #, no-wrap
> > msgid "B<lfs>"
>
> Hmm the other feature names are in bold too. Or are you referring to
> something else here?

In the po file the others are not all bold:
msgid "qa"
…
msgid "B<bug>"
…
msgid "B<canary>"
…
msgid "sanitize"
…
and so on. I suppose they all should be bold?

> Right, I've got an unfinished patch laying around fixing pathnames to
> be in italic, but I think I'll postpone this one for now until the
> switch to POD, so that I can use F<> instead of I<>. There's also the
> problem with pathnames that contain variable parts, which up to now
> were represented as B</some/pathname/>I<variable-part>B</rest>, and
> with all pathnames in italics gets rather cumbersome.

I see.

Hopefully the transition to pod keeps the fuzzy strings to a minimum.

> I'll push later today.

Thanks

        Helge