contribute perl dpkg

Hello all,

I have used Debian as my core-everything for many years now. And I’m very happy about Debian. I am a sw developer mainly focused on perl. I have used many languages and I always find that perl is really the place for me. I presently work with perl and Debian professionally.

For some time I have considered I could also contribute a bit, maybe I have something that could help Debian as Debian has helped me so much.

I know that some important packages, related to dpkg written in perl. I have only started reading the "Debian Packaging Tutorial" yesterday.

Could anyone show me some directions? Where could I start?
$thx++;
João