Re: Branch for stable?

Hello Guillem,
On Sun, Jan 05, 2020 at 03:27:09PM +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 09:22:47PM +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > On Thu, 2019-12-26 at 08:43:42 +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> > > do you already have a branch for stable where I can commit my
> > > translation fixes (the German man page translation is currently
> > > undergoing a review on debian-l10n-german)?
> >
> > I've created the 1.19.x branch with a buster alias, where you can now
> > push those updates. :)
>
> I've problems using this branch. I checked it out and tried updating
> it with your script:
> helge@samd:/scr/build/src/DCS/dpkg.git/dpkg$ LC_ALL=C ~/skripte/git-wrapper update
> Enter passphrase for key '/home/helge/.ssh/id_rsa':
> ** You have local commits that were not pushed to the remote repository.
> ** The remote repository has evolved. Rebasing your work.
> Enter passphrase for key '/home/helge/.ssh/id_rsa':
> ** Starting a rebase process...
> fatal: It seems that there is already a rebase-apply directory, and
> I wonder if you are in the middle of another rebase.  If that is the
> case, please try
>         git rebase (--continue | --abort | --skip)
> If that is not the case, please
>         rm -fr ".git/rebase-apply"
> and run me again.  I am stopping in case you still have something
> valuable there.
>
> ** The rebase process miserably failed for an unknown reason.
> ** Aborting it.
>
> (I tried it a second time, because I thought I made an error the first
> time around, I left that branch behind, now I cannot see it anymore).
>
> Is there something special I need to do to use this branch?

I tried updating it with your script again, and now the branch looks
fine, however, when I want to push it with your script I get:
helge@samd:/scr/build/src/DCS/dpkg.git/dpkg$ ~/skripte/git-wrapper commit
** Pushing your changes to the remote repository.
Here's a resume of what you're going to push:
0ed5b240e Proofreading of German man pages on debian-l10n-german (Part 1b)
9d03f2827 po: Regenerate .pot files and merge .po files with them
84711ea4a Proofreading of German man pages on debian-l10n-german (Part 1)
3fc25a513 German dselect translation update
1e86f6e74 German dpkg translation update
f80b99048 Dpkg::Source::Package: Honor require_valid_signature option
92aa74078 po: Remove previous msgids for up-to-date translations
f2b880791 Update German translation of manual pages
d102f1905 Update German scripts translation
341fa418c Dpkg::Source::Package::V3::Native: Do not say v1.0 for 3.0 formats
…
659e0224d libdpkg: Do not generate a backup file for the available database
761d993dd debian: Fold man page translation fix into translation section
362c50a9c Further fix as discussed in #931135
12d643b04 Update German translation of manual pages
06bd9556e Fix German man page translation. Closes: #931135
0a1aaac97 Bump version to 1.20.0
** Do you confirm that you want to push? [Yn]

Should I push it or is there still something "fishy" on my side?

Thanks and Greetings

            Helge