Re: RFC: Support for zstd in .deb packages?

On Apr 27, Julian Andres Klode <jak@debian.org> wrote:

> Our major use case is cloud initial setup, image building, CI, buildds, all
> of which do not require any syncs, and can safely use eatmydata, for example;
> hence the enormous speed up.
I do not believe that it would be wise to optimize our packaging system
for the niche target of package development.

In my experience as a cloud infrastructure provider, new systems are
cloned/instantiated from golden images and not from debootstrap or d-i.

--
ciao,
Marco