Re: Feedback on 3.0 source format problems

Thibaut Paumard writes ("Re: Feedback on 3.0 source format problems"):
> I'm not interested at the moment in dgit or other wrappers because
>  1- they seem to me to add complexity to the process;
>  2- I prefer to understand what I'm doing.

Those are good reasons.  (And I'm trying to make them a bit less
true.)  But:

dgit users (including downstreams) who use `dgit clone' to get your
packages will appreciate it if you used `dgit push', because they will
get (a slightly modified version of) your history, rather than just
imports of .dsc's.

Of course that's not of very much direct benefit to you.

> Well, just to say, I'm personally quite happy with '3.0 (quilt)'. I try
> to maintain all my packages in git in unapplied state,

This is supported by dgit.

Thanks,
Ian.