Re: if and how to extend dpkg to match installed packages against security-tracker

On Fri, 2016-01-15 at 12:05 +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:

Hi,

> > [...]

> > Assuming that such a tool does not already exist and I just did not
> > find it, I would offer to contribute to dkpg scripts something like
> > dpkg-vulnerabilities.pl. Does the dpkg-team have an "official"
> > position on the requirement and the feature-set for such a script, and
> > what would be required for contribution?
>
> Such tool already exists for Debian, check debsecan. But it feels like
> it might need some love.

> [...]

> I'd say check debsecan, and if it is not satisfactory, we might
> perhaps explore other options?
>
> Thanks,
> Guillem

Thank you so much for the hint about debsecan ... does exactly what I
thought about and prototyped. The formats are slightly different
though, but I might be able to live with it ;-)

Thanks so much, cheers,
--
Christopher