Re: dpkg-source --commit fails to find local changes

* Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> [140815 17:50]:
> On Fri, 2014-08-15 at 15:34:09 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> > I'm unable to get dpkg-source to see that I have changed files in a
> > python source package format 3.0 (quilt):
> >
> > dpkg-source: info: there are no local changes to record
> >
> > No matter what I seem to do inside the json-schema-validator package,
> > dpkg refuses to spot the change, even renaming the package in setup.py
> > or changing the .py files. I get no warning on building and I have to
> > create the patch manually.
> >
> > Is this a regression or is there something different about the
> > json-schema-validator and versiontools packages?
> >
> > This happened with 1.17.11 and 1.17.12.
>
> This looks like it might be a regression yes, I'm checking the obvious
> culprits now.

This also effects the normal dpkg-source --build run:
It silently ignores unrecorded changes and just creates a source package
without them.

	Bernhard R. Link
--
F8AC 04D5 0B9B 064B 3383  C3DA AFFC 96D1 151D FFDC