Re: backport of dpkg (>= 1.17.2) and apt (>= 0.9.16.1) for build profiles

Hi,

Quoting Philipp Kern (2014-07-24 00:25:41)
> so I think this would rather be a question for stable, than for backports?

Maybe. We'd be equally (if not more) happy if SRM would reconsider their
decision (expressed on #debian-release toward Helmut Grohne) that these patches
are too intrusive for a stable update.

> As I understand it, if this backport is in, and packages in the archive can
> hence be modified to incorporate the new syntax, stable tooling will no
> longer work with them?

That is correct.

cheers, josch