Re: BUG: dpkg confused with so many symlinks

Hi!

On Wed, 2012-08-29 at 09:45:56 +0300, Tamateas Kostas wrote:
> I will file a bug I always had in my linux-from-scratch box :)

Could you file a bug in the Bug Tracking System instead, so that it
does not get lost (and to not clutter the mailing list)?

More information on how to do that, can be found at:

  <http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting>

> My system has the directory /bin
> and /usr/bin --> ../bin (symlink)
>
> A deb package has the following files:
> /bin/as and
> /usr/bin/@as --> ../../bin/as (symlink)
>
> dpkg throws "unable to open /bin/as.dpkg-new No such file or directory"
>
> I wish you can fix it :)

When filing the bug, could you also attach the output of:

  # dpkg -D77333 -i failing-package.deb

I'll look into it then.

thanks,
guillem